OK, this one’s been doing the round of the internet for quite sometime now. Being new to blogging and tags etc, took me a while to figure it out. And no one’s tagged me yet, but I’m still going to go ahead and do this – ‘coz i just looove being a Mommy 🙂
It started off here. The idea for Mommy bloggers across the globe to write 5 things that they love about being a Mom.
1. I love waking up to little hands feeling my face, and little eyes, open wide staring right at me. Its pure bliss being with the Goosh early morning. The love in his eyes just makes me melt. And I forget the rest of the world.
2. I love feed times with the little kiddo. Yep, even when he bites. Even when he decides to play and blow bubbles. Those are special Mommy and Juno times. Just the two of us. I get to see him in so many moods – hungry, cranky, satisfied, happy, playful, sleepy and I could go on and on. From the time he was just about the size of his daddy’s palm, to now when he can barely fit onto my lap. From when I had to hold him lest he roll off the supporting pillow, to now when I have to hold him from jumping off to play.
And he looks into my eyes with such depth..
3. I love sitting with him in the balcony and watching the ‘peep-peeps’ go by. Thank you red-volvo buses. You are his favourite. The grin on his face when he spots one of those red dabbas honking their way through. And the way his face lights up with sheer glee when I say “peep peep” into his ear. And the way every once in a while, he turns around to look at me with a smile.. “Mommy, u still there.. did u see that bus.. i love you mommy”
Dear baby, I wish I could show you birds and flowers and butterfiles each morning instead of the peep-peeps… I really really wish… but that’s the price I pay for living in an sky rise in a city like bangalore. Instead of birds and flowes and insects, you get to see small multicolored cars and buses from the balcony.
4. Bath times… From the time he was a teeny weeny thing and I was so scared to give him a bath….
The first time I made him stand in the bucket – he was shorter than the bucket. Now when I make him stand in it, it comes only till his waist. Now the tub is his playground. The few tentative pokes testing the water have become furious splashes and both baby and Mommy are soaking wet. And every single day it breaks my heart when he cries as I take him out of the tub.
ok.. i’m just going on listing about everything that I do with the Goosh. You can see how enamoured I am 🙂
5. I love watching him grow. Witnessing each moment of his life. Seeing him grow from a teeny weeny little thing entrusted to my care to this rambucious little brat he is today. Seeing through his eyes, the world for the first time – the first flower, the first rain, the first car. The first syllable, the first food, the first step. See him master each new sense, each new skill…
It puts things into perspective. Things that really matter. Things that really make a difference. What life is all about.. And I feel blessed. And thrilled. And proud. And whoopppping happy to be the Goosh’s Mommy 🙂