I think I’ve become quite an experienced mom now 😉 Here’s my top-5 list of why babies cry. And believe it or not, each kind of cry sounds different. You just have to pay attention a few times to get the hang of it.
1. The baby has wet himself and needs a nappy / diaper change. This tops my list. Happens atleast a dozen times a day with Junior.
2. The baby’s hungry and wants a feed.
3. Tummy ache or colic. Thankfully, Junior’s getting over the colic now. But a few weeks ago, this used to be my number one. Here’s some info about colic. Here‘s some more. And here are some ways to soothe a colicy baby.
4. The baby’s tired or wants to sleep. My 2 month old keeps on playing and cycling for hours, then suddenly realises he’s tired and sleepy. But doesnt know how to ‘stop’ playing. I have to hold him tight and rock him to sleep.
5. The baby’s not comfortable – too hot or too cold or something’s poking him.
Here’s what babycentre has to say about crying babies.