1 cup curd
3 tsp ( 1 daal spoon) besan
2 tsp oil
3/4 tsp mustard seeds
1 pinch hing
3/4 tsp jeera
1/2 tsp chopped green chillies
10-12 curry leaves (kadi patta)
2-3 small pieces of cinnamon
1/2 tsp methi
1/2 tsp haldi
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
salt to taste
1 glass water
corriander for garnish
– Mix the curd and besam to form smooth thick paste. Add a little bit of water if required.
– Heat the oil in a pateli. Once its hot, add hing & mustard seeds. Let the mustard seeds crackle.
Add jeera, green chilli, curry leaves, cloves, cinnamon, methi, haldi, red chilli powder in that order.
– Add 1/2 glass water. Bring to boil.
– Add the curd+besan paste.
– Stir gently and bring to boil on medium to high flame.
– Keep on minimum flame for 10 min. Keep stirring to make sure it doesnt stick to bottom of the vessel.
– After switching off the flame, put corriander and garam masala.